Experience some of the lesser known trails and hikes off the beaten path in this incredible National Park in a weekend. Enjoy two achievable but rewarding days hiking with a professional guide. Relax as soon as your trip starts in London with organised train transport and five star hostel accommodation in the Snowdonia area.
Begin your weekend on the right note relaxing on a Virgin train. Leave your stresses behind as you sit back and relax with other like-minded folk. Your professional guide will be with you from London to ensure your break goes smoothly.
Once we arrive at Snowdonia you will be checked into our base, a homely rustic five-star hostel. Two days of exhilarating professionally led hiking will follow commencing every day just yards from your front door.
Price: £299* per person.
*Early Bird offer! Book by end of July to receive a Turn Wild morning chalice (coffee mug!)
5:30pm Meet at London Euston. Board a Virgin train. Sit back, enjoy refreshments (not supplied) and wave the city stresses away for the weekend.
9am: Start with a wholesome Welsh breakfast at the Moel Siabod cafe next to the hostel (or cook your own in the clean spacious kitchen of the hostel as please note no food or beverages are included in the price).
Fueled and ready to go we then set off for our eagerly anticipated day on the Glyders mountain range . This challenging but achievable day will see you gain over 1000m in total elevation hiked over 6-7 hours.
We finish in a quintessential mountain pub. One frequented by Edmund Hilary himself in his training for Everest. After enjoying this classic mountain stop we take a short Sherpa bus back to our hostel. Hot Showers await and the evening is then your own to relax in the hostel or enjoy local beverages and good pub grub in one of the two public houses just yards away.
9am: Have breakfast and then hike up Moel Siabod, the base of which sits just a stone’s throw from the hostel.
We will start from the bottom of the forested valley before working our way to the weathered peak just shy of 900m. Feel the history of the area as we pass old mines before seeing this mountain in all is glory. Weather permitting it is possible to see 13 of the 14 peaks of Wales from its summit. Following the hike which will take 5-6 hours, we will get a transfer to the train back to London, arriving at 9pm.
- Train transportation to and from London.
- All transfers to and from the local train station in Wales.
- Five-star shared hostel accommodation. Each bunkroom comes with bunk beds with curtains for privacy with a comfy mattress, cosy hypoallergenic bedding and a warm welsh wool blanket. One room with four occupants will be female only and the second mixed.
- Professional Guide.
- Group first aid kit/ shelters.
- Emergency Sat Communications
- Assistance in buying clothing and equipment ahead of the trek with a personal shopper in London.
- Personal equipment. E.g. waterproofs / hiking boots/ day sack
- Food / meals/ drinks. Packed lunches can be purchased at the Moel Siabod café next to the hostel. Or food can be purchased from a local shop and storied in the hostel kitchen.
- Hospital transfer costs or any additional costs incurred due to an injury.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring?
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Walking trousers
- Base layer
- Thick socks
- Hat and gloves
- Broken-in hiking boots
- Day sack approx. 30 litres
- Water bottle
- Warm mid-layer i.e. fleece
- Optional: Walking poles
How Fit to I need to be?
Basic hiking fitness is all you need. You should be able to do seven hours walking. At a steady 3km an hour pace. There will be some steep uphill sections. There will be some steep downhill sections following a path. There will be some hiking off paths.
Can I bring my dog?
Unfortunately Dogs are not permitted on this Turn Wild event.
Is any food or drink supplied?